You’re not going to see this on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, as we want to avoid sensationalism. We are directing it to those who have signed up for our blog and who have committed to partner with us, Pausing, Reflecting, and Praying. If you have other prayer warriors, please share this with them and ask them to sign up to be part of our focused prayer team.
Our hearts are rejoicing tonight as several spiritual engagements across the Asia-Pacific Region have been won! We are praising God that:
When on February 13th, the global call for prayer went out for one of our missionary’s fathers who had taken a fall, suffered major medical complications, and was sedated in ICU in the U.S., literally thousands of you paused, reflected, and prayed. We saw the numbers on our web. *** Yesterday (Ohio time) Jeff Myers’ father was discharged from the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. PRAISE GOD!
- On February 27th, when another global prayer request was released asking for prayer for 20 church members and their pastors, hiding from forced conscription into fighting, well over 3,000 of you paused, reflected, and prayed for their safety. *** They have been able to return to their homes. PRAISE GOD!
- There is a local family who had been trying to establish a Bible study in their community for years. Four weeks ago we had the privilege of being charter members of a small group that started a Bible study with this family’s daughter at a coffee shop. *** Last Saturday night we moved to their home, and the table was full with 13. PRAISE GOD!
- Some of you will remember a story that we shared with you while on Home Assignment, of how God was moving in incredible ways in our neighborhood. *** We can’t share more in this forum, but God is continuing to move in tremendous ways! PRAISE GOD!
- Today through the gentle ongoing compassion, witness, and love of one of the national team members, another professional man in his 30’s, made his very first eternal decision for Christ. PRAISE GOD!
“I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” John 10:9-11 NIV.
We who believe are assured of having life, and having it more abundantly. Hope, Joy, Peace, Love, Richness and Fulfillment. We are also assured of the fact that this race will not be easy! Just a few chapters later in John 16;33 Jesus tells his disciples:
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (NIV).
As I sit here tonight writing, in 80 degree (F) weather with intermittent chills, a headache, and fatigue, I realize that this is not our “first tropical-sickness rodeo.” We can be assured of the battle getting fierce as such incredible victories are made.
We so need you to PAUSE, REFLECT, and PRAY! These past two weeks we have seen the incredible power of prayer! And the Spiritual Battle has been equally fierce. Please pray for:
- Covering, protection, wisdom, revelation, and discernment for our children.
- Spiritual wisdom to discern the battles that are from Satan, and those that God has allowed to build our character and faith!
- For an incredible ministry couple, Sam and Faith. They have literally “taken multiple hits for the team.” But their faith remains strong. Sam is the one who led this man to Christ today. You can be assured that they will be under attack. Pray for their protection, marriage, spiritual wisdom; pray for their precious twin boys.
- Pray for a cooperative spirit between the churches, leaders, pastors, and team members. If Satan can drive in discontent and frustration, he will have a foothold!
- Pray for our local churches, leaders, and members, in these countries that are facing trials for their faith.
- PRAY – for the missionary in Nigeria who has now been abducted for more than one week.
- Health and Protection for us.
Each day we thank God. I will never forget a verse that a pilot who meant a lot to me shared more than 25 years ago, he has now gone on to meet the Lord after an accident doing what he loved best…
In the words of Paul:
“12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.” 1 Timothy 1:12-14 (NIV).
Thank you so much for being on our team, for PAUSING, REFLECTING, and PRAYING! We can only be here because you are there, lifting us in prayer.
Todd and Connie Lou